Episode 10: Coping with your fears: Safety and First Responders in the News
Within this episode, Dr. Trudy Gilbert Elliot reviews tactics for dealing with worry and fears about a family members safety when at work.
- Honors those officers, retired or active, who have died by suicide.
- Assists disabled and injured law enforcement officers by providing education to departments and individuals to build resiliency and increase overall wellness.
- Conducts research on a variety of topics regarding disabilities. They have published a useful white paper regarding first responder wellness, trauma, PTSD, and suicide.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides 24/7 support for those having suicidal thoughts. They also provide information for professionals that are considered best practices for suicide response.
- Podcasts: Huberman Lab has a good episode about emotion; Rich Rolls podcast recently had Jud Brewer on who is an expert in Anxiety. Episode in Charles Duhiggs Podcast titled “How to overcome your fear of Dying”.