Suicide Prevention Toolkit
This Suicide Prevention Toolkit was developed by the National Hispanic & Latino PTTC and includes the following resources:
- Suicide Prevention, Everyone can Help. Preventing Suicide in the Latino Community – This webinar will provide an overview of suicide prevention with the intention of encouraging participants to be available to prevent suicide within the people they interact with. Facilitator will discuss warning signs and risk factors for suicide. National data, youth data, including suicide among Latinos and other relevant data will be presented. The webinar will discuss the effects of this “forever decision” which is preventable. The facilitator will present her experience as the suicide prevention project coordinator at CETPA Inc. Lastly, suicide prevention resources that are easy to implement and culturally based practices that have proven to work in the efforts of preventing suicide will be discussed.
- Suicide Prevention Videos – Short videos from mental health advocates, prevention organizations, survivors, allies, and community members to promote Suicide Prevention month. (Available in English, Spanish, and Portuguese)
- Suicide Prevention: Identifying and Modifying Risk Factors That Can Lead To Suicide Attempts In Latino Youth – The purpose of this webinar is to present what is known about risk of suicide in Latino adolescents and how culturally informed and family-based prevention programs and practices can prevent adolescent suicide. (Available in English, Spanish, and Portuguese)
- Life is Precious™: A Community Defined Practice Suicide Prevention Program for Latina Adolescents – This presentation is the third of a 4-Part series titled: “Institutional Racism and How it Impacts the Latinx Experience as it Relates to Behavioral Health.” (Available in English, Spanish, and Portuguese)
- National Suicide Prevention Month Videos – Short videos from to promote National Suicide Prevention month. If you or a loved one needs support, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available to you: 1-800-273-8255 (Available in English, Spanish, and Portuguese)
- Suicide Prevention Amongst Hispanics and Latinos – A collaboration with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention to provide new fact sheets on Suicide Prevention Amongst Hispanics and Latinos to download and distribute. (Available in English, Spanish, and Portuguese)
- Suicide Among Hispanic And Latino Communities 2.0 – The mini e-book was developed to provide information and resources to prevention professionals, providers, and community members on the topic of suicide prevention, the impact in the Hispanic and Latino communities, specific data on suicide among Latino men and women, risk, and protective factors.
- Resources on Suicide Prevention – List of resources on Suicide PRevention developed by the developed by the National Hispanic and Latino PTTC, the National Hispanic and Latino MHTTC, and the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. These resources include webinars, factsheets, reports, and talk kits.