Community Health Worker (CHW) Resources
Nevada CHW And Related Resources
In Nevada there are three training paths to initial CHW Certification:
- NvCHWA: Online-Hybrid Course through Nevada Community Health Worker Association – Upon successful completion of this course, you will be issued a certificate of completion. The certificate of completion is one of the minimum requirements for CHW Certification if you wish to pursue it. More information on certification can be found here.
- CSN: In-Person CHW Training Course at College of Southern Nevada – Each CSN CHW training includes 16 sessions and all sessions are in-person in Las Vegas. No online option. Tuition costs $959.00. To register, go to the CSN websiteor call 702-651-4031.
Successful completion of the course includes:
- Certificate of Course Completion (a minimum requirement for certification)
- Mental Health First Aid Certification
- CPR/ First Aid Certification
- More information here!
- TMCC: Online Course at Truckee Meadows Community College – Each TMCC CHW training is completely online. You can access the course 24/7. It estimated the course will take 8-10 hours of your time per week. Tuition costs $879.00 plus the required purchase of an e-textbook. To register, go to the TMCC websiteor call 775-829-9010.
Successful completion of this course will result in a certificate of completion being issued to you. This certificate of completion will be required should you apply to become a Certified Community Health Worker I or Certified Community Health Worker II.
CDC CHW Resources
E-Learning Course from CDC: Promoting Policy and Systems Change to Expand Employment of Community Health Workers (CHWs)