WORLD SUICIDE PREVENTION DAY 2021
Observed on September 10th every year, World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD) provides the opportunity for people across the globe, to raise awareness of suicide and suicide prevention.
One in every 100 deaths worldwide is the result of suicide. It can affect every one of us. Each and every suicide is devastating and has a profound impact on those around them. However, by raising awareness, reducing the stigma around suicide and encouraging well-informed action, we can reduce instances of suicide around the world. World Suicide Prevention Day is an opportunity to raise awareness of suicide and to promote action through proven means that will reduce the number of suicides and suicide attempts globally.
Behavioral Health Providers may also be interested in checking out these resources from CASAT OnDemand:
- Suicide Prevention Learning Lab
- Surviving Loss By Suicide: How To Help Those Left Behind
- Fact Sheet: Suicide Prevention Amongst Hispanics and Latinos
- Seniors and Suicide: Nevada Programs for Helping Seniors to Stay Healthy
- In Brief: Substance Use and Suicide: A Nexus Requiring A Public Health Approach
- What Behavioral Health Providers In Nevada Need To Know About Veterans And Suicide
- Zero Suicide – Can we get there?