Live Webinar – Groups and Group Processing
The power of group processing in healing and treatment has been consistently supported in research. This workshop will consider strategies presented by SAMHSA/CSAT TIP 41, Irvin Yalom’s The Theory and Practice of Group Psychotherapy and current research with an emphasis on application to substance use disorder treatment in group settings. In addition we will consider the role that the stages of change model and motivational interviewing can play in group therapy.
- Participants will consider how they can apply principles of effective group processes in their specific work environment.
- Participants will consider their perspective and the perspective of group participants.
- Participants will consider what makes group work effective and what may reduce group work effectiveness.
- Participants will consider group stages and how they can effectively respond to them.
- Participants will consider Yalom’s view of “problem group members” and potential strategies to respond to these group members.
Presenter: Richard Shannon, NCC, MFT, LCADC
Continuing Education Units: 3 CEUs
Workshops are approved by the following professional associations for continuing education units:
- International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC)
- National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC)
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- Nevada State Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug & Gambling Counselors
- Nevada State Board of Nursing
- State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapists & Clinical Professional Counselors
- State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers
Cost: $45.00 (with CEU certificate); Free for Information Only