Stress, Coping, and Suicidality in Problem Gamblers: LIVE WEBINAR
Dr. Rory Reid will be discussing suicidality among problem gamblers and integrate the findings from a recent study looking at this issue among Las Vegas gamblers. Discussion will focus on suicide prevention strategies. The second half of the presentation will talk about stress coping strategies, given so many problem gamblers have experienced additional stressors related to the pandemic.
Presented by: Rory Reid, Ph.D.,LCSW, ICGC-II
Dr. Rory Reid holds a master’s degree in social work and a doctorate degree in neuropsychology. After his post-doctoral fellowship in the Department of Psychiatry at UCLA, he obtained post-doctoral education in clinical research with Harvard Medical School. He is a Research Psychologist with the UCLA Gambling Studies and has published research on gambling related issues in numerous scientific journals.
Continuing Education Units:
This training is approved for 2 CEUs by the following professional organizations:
- National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC)
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)*
- International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC)
*CASAT has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6492. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. CASAT is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug, & Gambling Counselors
- Nevada State Board of Nursing
- Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapists and Clinical Professional Counselors
- State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers
The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in our courses are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of CASAT.