State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Marriage Family Therapists & Clinical Professional Counselors Public Hearing
The State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Marriage Family Therapists & Clinical Professional Counselors will be holding a Public Hearing on August 19, 2022 at 9:00 a.m. to receive comments from interested parties regarding the adoption of proposed regulation LCB No. R057-22.
The proposed regulation includes the following and other matters properly relating thereto:
- NAC 641A.146 paragraph 5, subsection 2 & 5 – increases the maximum allowable supervised experience hours in group therapy and training categories for licensed interns.
- NAC 641A.146 paragraph 6 – removes the restriction that no credit be given for supervised practice hours gained prior to becoming an intern in the state of Nevada.
- NAC 641A.252 paragraph 1 – addition of the ACA Code of Ethics to the adopted professional associations.
- NAC 641A.182 paragraph 3 – addition that an approved supervisor must hold a current license in good standing in Nevada.
- NAC 641A.182 paragraph 6 – addition that an approved supervisor must adhere to the supervision standards set forth by the adopted professional associations.
- NAC 641A.105 – addition of clarifying language regarding the collection of fees specifically for those affiliated with the military, persons applying for a license through reciprocity and licensees requesting placement on inactive list.
- NAC 641A.243 – addition of language to professional responsibility that licensees must adhere to the supervision standards set forth by the adopted professional associations.
- NAC 641A.131 – addition of proration of continuing education credits needed for license renewal based on initial license issue date.
- NAC 641A.133 – addition of clarifying language based on the proration of continuing education credits.
- NAC 641A new paragraph – addition of language pertaining to the exemption of recordings of training activities.
The proposed regulations are available for review and download on the Board website: https://marriage.nv.gov/Board/Meetings/2022/2022_Meetings/.