Social Determinants of Mental Health LIVE WEBINAR
An examination of the social determinants of mental health reveals that some persons are at risk of mental illness and substance use disorders because of unfavorable social, economic and environmental circumstances. These disadvantages are cumulative, beginning at birth and remaining throughout life. The World Health Organization has published key findings and recommendations to bring awareness to the issue of social health disparities. This workshop will discuss the interacting forces that help shape individual and population-level mental health and well-being, including employment, food, access to and quality of health care, education, income, environment, social isolation, housing, and adverse childhood experiences. Social health disparities can extend across the life-span, beginning with exposure to risk factors from formative stages and decades beyond. The World Health Organization proposes that actions and policies addressing the problem need to be universal and inclusive, yet proportional to the need. This workshop will discuss the key messages and actions to reduce the risk of mental, emotional and behavioral disorders proposed by the World Health Organization and other resources.
Presenter: Julie Stevens MPS, ACPS, ICPS
Continuing Education Units: This training is approved for 3 CEUs by the following professional organizations:
- National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC)
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)*
- International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC)
*CASAT has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6492. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. CASAT is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug, & Gambling Counselors
- Nevada State Board of Nursing
- Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapists and Clinical Professional Counselors
- State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers
- Nevada Certification Board – Approved for PRSS, CHW, & Prevention