Sleep and Mental Health: LIVE WEBINAR SERIES
This presentation is scheduled for December 13 and 14, 2022 from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM each day. Full participation is required in order to earn continuing education units. No partial credit will be issued.
- Attendees will learn about the most common sleep disorders and their impact on general health metrics.
- Attendees will learn how various mental health disorders overlap with sleep disturbances, including depression, anxiety, and substance abuse disorders.
- Attendees will learn how to screen for the various sleep disorders and know when to refer for additional treatment.
- Evidence-based interventions for sleep disorders will be reviewed along with basic interventions to help patients increase their sleep quality.
- The afternoon session will train attendees in learning the brief interventions for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBTi)
Presented by: Trudy Gilbert-Eliot, PhD, LMFT, LCADC
Trudy Gilbert-Eliot has been practicing psychotherapy in Nevada since 1999 after receiving her Masters of Science in Psychology from California State University, Chico in 1995. She received her PhD in Psychology in 2013. She has worked in many settings including acute psychiatric hospitals, residential treatment centers, and in private practice. She specializes in trauma and has worked with battered women, children and adults sexually abused as children, military members, and exclusively with First Responders for the last several years. She has taught workshops for University of Nevada Reno on various topics, most notably Trauma and Supervision. She also taught a graduate course in Ethics at University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Trudy is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor. She sees individuals and couples working on topics related to trauma’s impact on their personal, professional, and family life. She has been trained extensively in EMDR, CBT, PE, and CPT.
Continuing Education Units: 6 CEUs
This learning event is approved for CEUs by the following professional organizations:
- National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC)
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)*
- International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC)
*CASAT has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6492. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. CASAT is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug, & Gambling Counselors
- Nevada State Board of Nursing
- Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapists and Clinical Professional Counselors
- State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers
Presentation materials are not for reproduction or distribution without specific written authorization. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in our courses are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of CASAT.