Sexual Health Topics in Therapy: MONTHLY CONSULTATION GROUP
This series will cover topics related to sexual health in the therapy process through presentation, case studies, and discussion. The goal is to build and maintain competence in working with sexual health. Beginning to advanced providers are welcome. Cases will include individual and relational concerns with a range of content including diversity, communication, consent, vulnerability, fragility (ie. problems with sexual response cycle – desire, arousal, orgasm), “out of control” behavior, sexual configuration (think sexual orientation advanced), ethics, theory, transference/countertransference, and more. Participants are encouraged to bring cases and ask for emergent topics they would like to see covered. Facilitator will bring topics common in practice.
What to Expect:
- Each session can be attended separately. It is not required to attend every month.
- Each monthly session has a separate registration. You must register separately for each session you plan to attend.
- Each month will begin with a short didactic presentation from our subject matter expert, followed by interactive case studies and discussion.
- Participants are encouraged to submit real life case studies to work through with our subject matter expert.
- Participants will be expected to have access to appropriate technology (i.e., an internet connection, webcam, laptop/tablet, speakers and microphone) in order to utilize Zoom meetings.
Presented by: Mary Minten, PhD, MFT, CST, LCADC, AAMFT Approved Supervisor, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, AASECT Certified Sex Therapist, Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor, MINT Trainer (Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers)
Continuing Education Units: Each monthly session is approved for 1.5 CEUs by the following professional organizations:
- National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC)
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)*
- International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC)
- American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) – PENDING
*CASAT has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6492. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. CASAT is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug, & Gambling Counselors
- Nevada State Board of Nursing
- Nevada Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapists and Clinical Professional Counselors
- State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers
Presentation materials are not for reproduction or distribution without specific written authorization. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in our courses are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of CASAT.