April 1, 2022 all-day
The National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC)
Sexual Assault Awareness Month
Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) is an annual campaign to raise public awareness about sexual assault and educate communities and individuals on how to prevent sexual violence. It is observed annually in April by the National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC). Learn more: www.nsvrc.org/saam.
SAAM Day of Action
The first Tuesday of every April is the SAAM Day of Action. The Day of Action is an opportunity to start off the month with highly visible and coordinated actions. Plan an event, schedule SAAM-related social media content, participate in the #30DaysofSAAM, or find your own way to get involved.
Related National Resources
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center
- RAINN (includes the National Sexual Assault Hotline. 800-656-HOPE)
- End Rape on Campus
- It’s On Us
- No More
Related Nevada Resources
- Crisis Support Services of Nevada
- Nevada Coalition to End Domestic and Sexual Violence
- Safe Embrace
- Nevada CARES [Consent. Awareness. Relationships. Education for Students] based at the University of Nevada, Reno’s (UNR) Center for the Application of Substance Abuse Technologies (CASAT)
- Did You Know the Division of Child and Family Services oversees the largest portion of funding to support victims of crime in Nevada? Learn more: dcfs.nv.gov/VSC/VSC.
Related Continuing Education Opportunities
- Trauma-Informed Response to Sexual Assault: SELF-PACED ONLINE COURSE
- Trauma, Partner Violence and Workplace Violence: SELF-PACED ONLINE COURSE
- Supporting Survivors of Domestic Violence: SELF-PACED ONLINE COURSE
- Responding to Intimate Partner Violence in Treatment and Recovery Services: SELF-PACED ONLINE COURSE
- Understanding the Dimensions of Substance Use and Why Survivors May Continue to Use Substances: SELF-PACED ONLINE COURSE