Prenatal Substance Exposure Learning Series III: Prenatal Exposure to Trauma and Substance Use
This comprehensive 2-day training explores the impact of in-utero substance exposure on neurodevelopment, sensory needs, and attachment with children. Learn ways to help children who have been exposed in-utero through caring for their whole needs, such as sensory integration, understanding behavior and ways to effectively discipline, and needs unique to these children.
- Comparative look at impact of marijuana, cocaine, alcohol and methamphetamine in-utero exposure.
- Understanding the impact of in-utero exposure has on self-regulation.
- Review neuro-deficits on children exposed in-utero.
- Review sensory integration needs of children exposed in-utero.
- Review behavioral concerns associated with in-utero exposure.
- Understanding the risk factors of children exposed to substances in-utero.
- Understand cognitive challenges.
- Building behavioral resilience.
- Building self-regulation.
- Interactive practice in working with/parenting children with in-utero substance exposure.