Public Health Perspectives is a free online webinar series designed to showcase programs impacting public health. PHP discusses program design, lessons learned, and creative solutions with public health professionals around the nation. Each PHP webinar takes approximately 1-hour to complete.
PHP Webinars are hosted live on the second Friday of each month at 10am PST.
To join the live session, please enroll in the course before 10am PST on the day of the webinar. All PHP sessions are recorded. If you enroll after the live webinar session has ended, the course will contain a video recording of the live session you can watch instead. Please note, it may take up to one month for the recording to become available.
Participants will learn:
- The complex and widespread impact of the shooting
- The immediate and long-term impact of the trauma that has been observed and is know from similar acts of violence
- The immediate and long-term needs of the population impacted
- How to be mindful and trauma informed when interaction with those impacted
- Public health professionals
- Community members
Duration: ~ 1 hour
Continuing Education: N/A
Author: Tennille Pereira and Terri Kenner