NEVADA SUMMIT ON IMPROVING COMMUNITY RESPONSE TO INDIVIDUALS WITH BEHAVIORAL HEALTH CHALLENGES
Dates: January 18-19, 2023
Location: In-Person at The Orleans Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas
To bring together a select group of organizations and individuals to identify ways to strengthen behavioral health interventions and systems, and divert people with behavioral health challenges away from the justice system.
- Gain a better understanding of the current state of, and future vision for, behavioral health in Nevada
- Learn about the Sequential Intercept Model (SIM) and how the framework can be applied to strengthen behavioral health interventions in communities across the State
- Participate in sessions focused on best practices that support community response and success stories from other communities in implementing these practices
- Collaboratively identify, discuss, and document potential community-based strategies to reduce justice system involvement of people with behavioral health challenges
- Network and build relationships across diverse systems and agencies, both regionally and statewide
Who Should Attend?
- Family Members & Behavioral Health Consumers
- Judicial Officers
- Local & State Elected Officials
- Public & Private Community Behavioral Health Providers
- Regional Behavioral Health Boards & Coordinators
- Certified Community Behavioral Health Centers
- Child Welfare Agencies Hospitals
- Juvenile Justice Organizations
- Law Enforcement & Corrections
- Mobile Crisis Teams
- School Districts
- Specialty Courts
This Summit is made possible through funding provided by the Division of Public and Behavioral Health, Bureau of Behavioral Health, Wellness and Prevention.