Public Health Cannabis and Vaping Summit
January 12-14, 2021
The Nevada Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Division of Public and Behavioral Health (DPBH) is hosting a 3-day virtual summit to identify Nevada’s priorities and strategies related to legal adult-use, public safety, regulation, prevention, treatment, and oversight of cannabis and vaping products.
Data will be presented, and discussions held, around prevention, treatment, law enforcement/public safety, and regulation for both cannabis and vaping. Presentations and panels on days one and two will focus on the current state of the research and explore emerging and established best practices, preparing attendees to participate in Action Planning workshops on day three.
Welcome and Opening Remarks by Nevada Attorney General Aaron Ford
- Gain a better understanding of national and Nevada trends in data
- Learn what/how data and implementation in other states should inform strategies
- Identify effective, audience-specific public health messaging
- Understand how to strengthen regulations informed by national and state lessons learned
- Learn what national consensus organizations and other states recommend related to use of cannabis by pregnant women, youth, and persons with opioid use disorder
- Identify best practices for prevention and treatment for use of cannabis and nicotine products
Who Should Attend
- Healthcare Providers & Public Health Officials
- Substance Use & Treatment Providers
- School Districts
- Youth Organizations
- Regulatory Agencies
- Law Enforcement & Public Safety Professionals
- Policy Makers & Legislators
- Prevention Coalition Partners
- Members of the Public
Registration will open on October 15, 2020.
Registration information will be forthcoming. A link will appear on this page once registration is open on October 15, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact Tess Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Save the Date
This event will be held virtually. Further information about accessing this event will be shared upon confirmation of registration.
By participating in the Public Health Cannabis and Vaping Summit, you automatically agree to authorize recording of audio and visual content presented during the live event. You also consent to subsequent retention, use, and online posting of the recording and any content generated by participants during the event, in perpetuity. This recording may include written and verbal content, as well as poll responses, provided by you and attributed to you during the live event. The recording may also include images of you if your camera is activated during any part of the event. If you do not wish to consent to the recording, please do not join the live event, and contact Rota Rosaschi at email@example.com to discuss your concerns.
Thank You to Our Partners
This Summit is made possible through funding provided by the Division of Public and Behavioral Health, Bureau of Behavioral Health, Wellness and Prevention.