National Fentanyl Awareness Day
National Fentanyl Awareness Day is a day of activation on May 10th that aims to raise public awareness about an urgent problem: people are dying at alarming rates due to illegally made fentanyl (FEN-ta-nyl), a dangerous synthetic opioid.
Founded by parents who have lost loved ones to this crisis, National Fentanyl Awareness Day is supported by a coalition of issue-area experts, corporations, nonprofits, schools, families and elected officials who are coming together today to amplify the issue via social media.
Resources for Behavioral Health Providers
- Nevada State Opioid Response
- Together We Can Save Lives: What Does the New DHHS Overdose Prevention Strategy Mean for Me?
- Medication Assisted Treatment: The Basics in Nevada
- Stimulants and Opioids: An Emerging Drug Threat in the Midst of the Opioid Epidemic
- Effective Detoxification: Helping Those on the Path to Recovery