This training is brought to you in collaboration with the Pacific Southwest Prevention Technology Transfer Center (HHS Region 9). Join the Pacific Southwest PTTC listserv: https://tinyurl.com/pspttc-listserv. For general information, call toll-free: 1-833-9SW-PTTC.
Prevention leaders are dedicated to improving the health of their communities through the implementation of effective strategies to reduce substance misuse and related consequences. Perhaps the most critical decisions prevention staff weigh are what interventions to adopt and implement, typically with limited resources. Through participation in this full-day workshop, attendees will learn to identify and critically examine interventions that are not just effective but that also align closely with their unique community conditions and organizational strengths.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the continuum of evidence of effectiveness
- Identify multiple sources of information to help locate evidence-based interventions
- Differentiate between interventions that are a strong versus poor fit for their community
- Develop strategies to improve data collection that supports strategic prevention planning
- Strengthen methods for assessing organizational readiness to implement particular interventions
Presented By: Alyssa O’Hair, MPH, MA, CPS and Eric Ohlson, MSW
Continuing Education Units: 6