HANGING OUT OR HOOKING UP: Moving Beyond the Core Principles of Adolescent Relationship Abuse
Join the Nevada Coalition to End Domestic and Sexual Violence (NCEDSV) for a virtual forum on adolescent relationship abuse (ARA). This forum will present information that goes beyond the core principles of ARA and includes a Q&A session. This webinar will discuss strategies to support adolescents and share resources appropriate for advocates, educators, and other professionals working with youth who are struggling in abusive relationships. The promotion of healthy relationships and violence prevention will also be discussed.
The forum will cover:
- A brief review of the basics of an adolescent abusive relationship
- Moving beyond the core principles:
- Consequences of an abusive relationship;
- Potential outcomes for the offender; and
- Lethality risks along with safety planning
- Prevention – How can adolescents help themselves and each other?
- Accessing domestic and sexual violence advocacy resources in your community.
Professional Forum: Register Here
Facilitator: Judy Henderson, MEd. Mgt. Training Coordinator, NCEDSV
Date & Time: Monday, May 10, 2021 from 3:30PM-5:00PM
Recommended Audience: Domestic and sexual violence advocates, educators, counselors, social workers, faith leaders, and community youth organization staff.
No CEUs are offered for this presentation.
This presentation is supported by the Nevada State Division of Public and Behavioral Health through Grant Number NB01OT009322-01-00 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the Division nor the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.