March 14, 2023 all-day
National Council on Problem Gambling (NCPG)
Gambling Disorder Screening Day
Gambling Disorder Screening Day (Screening Day) is a one-day event held annually on the second Tuesday of March during Problem Gambling Awareness Month. Established in 2014, Screening Day has included supporters and screeners from Cambridge Health Alliance, Massachusetts and New England, the United States, and around the world. Screening Day has helped identify individuals in those regions who might have Gambling Disorder and should seek further assessment.
Learn more: https://www.divisiononaddiction.org/outreach-resources/gdsd/
Gambling Disorder Resources for Behavioral Health Providers:
- The Top 8 Questions Answered About Problem Gambling
- Problem Gambling Awareness Month: A Toolkit and Tips for Behavioral Health Professionals
- Problem Gambling Peer Support Specialist: Is It Right for You?
- A Beginner’s Guide to Gambling and Opioid Use Disorder for Behavioral Health Providers
- Gambling Disorder: An Important Issue for Military Veterans
- What Are the Odds Your Mental Health Client in Nevada Has a Gambling Problem?