Facilitated by Dr. Sarah Steelman, attendees can look forward to acquiring knowledge of ethical issues in working with transgender and gender nonconforming individuals. Course content will focus on WPATH (World Professional Association for Transgender Health) evidence-based Standards of Care.
By the end of this webinar particpants will:
- Leave with knowledge of ethical issues in working with transgender and gender non-conforming folk
- Understand WPATH standards of care
- Assess their privilege and learn their blindspots and limitations in knowledge when working with gender variant folk
Presented by: Sarah M. Steelman, Ph.D., LMFT
Dr. Sarah Steelman has been working clinically since 2012. She obtained her master’s degree from University of Nevada, Las Vegas in Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) in 2013 and her doctorate from Virginia Tech in Human Development, with emphasis in MFT, in 2018. Sarah specializes in working affirmatively with the LGBTQIA folk.
In addition to work with gender and sexuality, Dr. Steelman has expertise in life skills training and behavioral intervention to assist in learning communication and interpersonal skills, time management, and managing anxiety.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): 4
This training is approved for CEUs by the following professional organizations:
- National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC)
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)*
- International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC)
*CASAT has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6492. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. CASAT is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug, & Gambling Counselors
- Nevada State Board of Nursing
- Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapists and Clinical Professional Counselors
- State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers