June 27, 2022 @ 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
SAMHSA's GAINS Center for Behavioral Health and Justice Transformation
Don’t Just Wing It: Combining Clinical and Supervision Case Plans to Improve Outcomes in Veterans Treatment Courts
Combined clinical and supervision case plans for Veterans in Veterans Treatment Courts can improve engagement, bring about behavior change, and increase success rates. This webinar will address the following common questions about combined case plans: Why create a case plan that combines clinical and supervision requirements for Veterans Treatment Court participants? How do you do it? Who needs to be involved? How do you use it once you have it? This webinar will also review the use of assessments in developing clinical treatment, supervision, and other case planning and how to use the findings from different tools to create individualized plans for each participant. The presenters will discuss the roles of the Veterans Treatment Court team members in creating plans in partnership with Veterans Treatment Court participants.
Upon the conclusion of this webinar, attendees should be able to:
- Describe the purpose and benefits of combined clinical and supervision case plans for Veterans.
- Understand the elements of both clinical and supervision case plans and how to combine them into a single case plan.
- Recognize the different assessment tools used in developing combined case plans.
- Shannon M. Carey, PhD, Co-president, Director of Development, NPC Research, Portland, Oregon
- Brian L. Meyer, PhD, LCP, Psychology Program Manager and Supervisory Psychologist, Community-Based Outpatient Clinics, Central Virginia VA Health Care System, Richmond, Virginia
- Victoria Jones, Probation Officer, York County Adult Probation, Pennsylvania
- Seth R. Forry, Court Coordinator, York County Veterans Wellness Court, Pennsylvania
- Nicholas Molina, LSW, MS, Veteran Justice Outreach Social Worker, Lebanon Veteran Affairs Medical Center, Pennsylvania