8050 Paradise Road
Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5-TR (Las Vegas)
The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) 5TR (Text Revision) is the standard classification of mental health including substance use disorders used by mental health and substance use treatment professionals. This training is a refresher of the DSM for those who have had other trainings. This course may also be appropriate for clinicians with limited experience who would like an overview of the manual. It is essential that all clinicians become proficient in the use of this critical guide. Additionally, a review of the recent text revision to DSM 5-TR will also be provided. Case studies will be utilized to assist participants in a working knowledge of the DSM 5TR in general practice.
At the conclusion of the workshop participants will have a working knowledge of:
- Comprehensive Screening and Assessment
- Case Formalization
- Subtypes and Specifiers
- Principle Diagnosis
- Provisional Diagnosis
- Coding and Reporting Procedures
- Highlights of Changes from DSM IV-TR to DSM 5TR
- Overview of Disorders in the DSM-5TR with a focus on Substance-Related and Addictive Disorders, but also differential diagnosis of individuals with a Co-Occurring diagnosis.
Presented by: Mark Disselkoen, MSSW, LCSW, LCADC
Location: University of Nevada, Reno – Cooperative Extension, 8050 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, Nevada 89123
Continuing Education Units: 6 CEUs
This training is approved for continuing education by the following professional organizations:
- National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC)
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)*
- International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC)
*CASAT has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6492. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. CASAT is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug, & Gambling Counselors
- Nevada State Board of Nursing
- Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapists and Clinical Professional Counselors
- State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers
Presentation materials are not for reproduction or distribution without specific written authorization. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in our courses are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of CASAT.