This workshop will invite helpers to explore current best practices related to cultural competency and multicultural counseling. Workshop topics will focus on helping providers promote self-awareness, adhere to ethical standards of care, and enhance relationships and professional work with clients, supervisors, and supervisees.
- To identify terms of multicultural care and levels of cultural competency including: cultural knowledge, cultural awareness, and cultural sensitivity.
- To explore conceptual frameworks for multicultural counseling.
- To identify multi-cultural activities/interventions that can be implemented in personal and professional practice (including online services).
Presenter: Roberta Miranda, M.S., LCADC, CPC, ACS, NCC
Continuing Education Hours: 3 CEUs
This training is approved for CEUs by the following professional organizations:
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC)
- Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug, & Gambling Counselors
- Nevada State Board of Nursing
- Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapists and Clinical Professional Counselors
- State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers