Confidentiality and HIPAA
The webinar will cover Federal Drug and Alcohol Confidentiality Law (42 CFR Part 2) and the Health Insurance Portability And Accountability Act (HIPAA). The training will provide information on which programs must comply with Federal Privacy Laws and under which circumstances, and to understand the interplay between the Federal Laws Governing Confidentiality Substance Use Treatment Patient Records and the Health the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Additionally, Nevada specific Privacy Laws will be explored and reviewed in light of Federal Privacy requirements. Finally, a summary of recent revisions to the Federal Laws will be reviewed.
Presenter: Mark Disselkoen, MSSW, LCSW, LCADC
Continuing Education Units:
This training is approved for 3 CEUs by the following professional organizations:
- National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC)
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)*
- International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC)
*CASAT has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6492. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. CASAT is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug, & Gambling Counselors
- Nevada State Board of Nursing
- Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapists and Clinical Professional Counselors
- State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers
- Division of Public and Behavioral Health Bureau of Health Care Quality and Compliance – Domestic Violence – DVP-2019-23
Presentation materials are not for reproduction or distribution without specific written authorization.The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in our courses are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of CASAT.