Complex Trauma and Dissociation: LIVE WEBINAR2022-04-252022-07-29https://casatondemand.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/casat_ondemand.pngCASAT OnDemandhttps://casatondemand.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/complex_trauma_image-scaled.jpg200px200px
April 25, 2022 @ 8:07 pm – 9:07 pm
Complex Trauma and Dissociation: LIVE WEBINAR
Training participants will learn the specific symptoms of trauma related disorders, and dissociative disorders that can be difficult to manage in treatment. This course will cover the history of the study of trauma and dissociation, integrated theories of treatment, assessment tools, and salient interventions that clinicians can incorporate into their practice with clients who struggle with complex trauma and dissociation.
- Define and understand how the DSM-5 categorizes trauma and dissociative disorders, as well as the history of the study of trauma.
- Learn about assessment tools for detecting if a client is experiencing distress from trauma and dissociation.
- Practice interventions to implement in practice for stabilization of trauma and dissociative disorders.
Presented by: Eleni Sexton, LCSW, EMDR Certified Therapist and EMDRIA Consultant in Training
Continuing Education Units: 6 CEUs
This learning event is approved for CEUs by the following professional organizations:
- National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC)
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)*
- International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC) *CASAT has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6492. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. CASAT is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug, & Gambling Counselors
- Nevada State Board of Nursing
- Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapists and Clinical Professional Counselors
- State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers
Presentation materials are not for reproduction or distribution without specific written authorization. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in our courses are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of CASAT.