Clinical Supervision Refresher: MONTHLY CONSULTATION GROUP
This series will cover topics related to Clinical Supervision through presentation, case studies, and discussion. This course in intended to satisfy the Clinical Supervision Refresher requirement with the Nevada Board of Examiners for Licensed Alcohol, Drug, and Gambling Counselors.
Participants will engage in the following topics:
- Cultural Competency – Introduction of Ken Hardy’s model for culturally based supervision. How to implement. How to address cultural differences within supervision groups.
- Professional Advocacy – What does professional advocacy look like? It’s importance to the field. What issues are currently relevant in drug and alcohol /problem gambling counseling?
- Supervisor Assessment Tools – How to ask for feedback from supervisees. Why self-assessment of services is important. How to incorporate feedback in a meaningful way.
- Consultation Groups – Why continued consultation is important as a supervisor. Research behind consultation groups. How to construct your own, i.e. composition of members, frequency of meetings, etc.
- Theoretical Models – Introduction to other supervisory models not covered in the initial training, i.e. Feminist, Systemic, Psychodynamic, etc.
Presenter: Adrienne S. Renwick, ABD, LCPC, LCADC and Roberta Miranda-Alfonzo, Ph.D., CPC, LCADC-S, NCC, ACS
What to Expect:
- Each monthly session will take place over Zoom and will begin with a short didactic presentation from our subject matter experts, followed by interactive case studies and discussion.
- Participants are encouraged to submit cases and ask for emergent topics they would like to see covered.
- Participants will be expected to have access to appropriate technology (i.e., an internet connection, webcam, laptop/tablet, speakers and microphone) to utilize the free Zoom videoconferencing platform.
- Each monthly session has a separate registration. It is not required to attend every month in order to earn continuing education units.
Continuing Education Units: 1.5 CEUs Per Session
This training is approved for continuing education by the boards listed here.
*CASAT has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6492. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. CASAT is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Presentation materials are not for reproduction or distribution without specific written authorization.The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in our courses are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of CASAT.