Clinical Supervision Refresher: LIVE WEBINAR
This Clinical Supervision Refresher Course will meet the 6 hour Clinical Supervision Refresher requirement with the Board of Examiners for Licensed Alcohol, Drug, and Gambling Counselors in Nevada. Participants will engage in the following:
- 2 hours on Cultural Comp – Introduction of Ken Hardy’s model for culturally based supervision. How to implement. How to address cultural differences within supervision groups.
- 1 hour on professional advocacy – What does professional advocacy look like? It’s importance to the field. What issues are currently relevant in drug and alcohol /problem gambling counseling?
- 1 hour on Supervisor assessment tool – How to ask for feedback from supervisees. Why self-assessment of services is important. How to incorporate feedback in a meaningful way.
- 1 hour on consultation groups – Why continued consultation is important as a supervisor. Research behind consultation groups. How to construct your own, i.e. composition of members, frequency of meetings, etc.
- 1 hour on theoretical models – Introduction to other supervisory models not covered in the initial training, i.e. Feminist, Systemic, Psychodynamic, etc.
Please Note: This webinar is a Zoom Meeting. It will be an interactive presentation, and participants will have access to, and be expected to utilize, their camera and microphone. For more information on using Zoom, please visit the Getting Started with Live Webinars section of our Help page.
Audience: This 6-hour Clinical Supervision Refresher self-paced online course is intended for existing Clinical Supervisors in Nevada seeking to renew their license.
Presenter: Adrienne S. Renwick, ABD, LCPC, LCADC
Continuing Education Units: 6 CEUs