Clinical Supervision for Alcohol, Drug & Gambling Counselors: LIVE WEBINAR SERIES
6-Week Live Online Webinar Series
March 22, 2023 to April 26, 2023 | Every Wednesday | 10:00 am – 11:30 am PST
Intended Audience: This 12 hour course is intended for Nevada Counselors seeking to become a Certified Clinical Supervisor by the Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug and Gambling Counselors.
The objectives of the Clinical Supervision training include facilitating the development of a personal model of supervision and practicing skills to help shape the delivery of high quality, effective clinical services to those seeking assistance for substance use disorders. This training is aimed at preparing clinical supervisors to observe job performance, provide feedback and coaching, prioritize learning needs, develop achievable learning objectives, and continue monitoring performance to assess effectiveness.
Examples of key topics/concepts discussed are:
- The scope of clinical supervision, the supervisory relationship
- Applying theoretical models to clinical supervision
- Observation formats and methods
- Counselor assessment and goal development, developing your own model
- Cultural considerations, including agency culture considerations
- Discussion/review of TAP 21A competencies
- Requirements, regulations, and legal aspects of supervision
- Utilizing ASAM Criteria
Presented by: Katie Dalugoda and Amanda Hankins, CADC-S
Participant Commitment & Expectations:
- Commit to 6-weeks of training for 1.5 hours weekly on scheduled series days/times and complete 30 minutes of weekly self-study learning activities.
- Access to appropriate technology to utilize Zoom videoconferencing platform (i.e., an internet connection, webcam, laptop/tablet, speakers and microphone) as well as active participant engagement to gain/improve skills are required.
- Participants must attend every week in order to earn the full 12 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). No partial credit will be issued. One (1) absence will be permitted with a valid excuse. Participants will be required to contact CASAT Training in order to schedule a makeup session.
IMPORTANT COURSE PRE-REQUISITE: The 14-hour online Clinical Supervision Foundations workshop is a prerequisite to this course. Click here to register (opens in a new tab)
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): 12
This training is approved for CEUs by the following professional organizations:
- National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC)
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)*
- International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC)
*CASAT has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6492. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. CASAT is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug, & Gambling Counselors
- Nevada State Board of Nursing
- Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapists and Clinical Professional Counselors
- State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers
The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in our courses are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of CASAT.
More information and registration: https://casatlearning.org/all/webinars/clinical-sup-series-mar23