18600 Wedge Pkwy
Beginning Mediation and Conflict Resolution
Mediation and conflict resolution have become integral to building efficient operations and mutually beneficial relationships in the business world and our society. Developed by Extended Studies in partnership with the Neighborhood Mediation Center, this 40-hour training provides conflict resolution skills that will help professionals from any industry work through difficult conversations, manage disagreements and navigate disputes creatively, enhancing organization efficiency.
To earn a certificate in Beginning Mediation and Conflict Resolution, students must complete the required 40 hours of training.
- Conflict and negotiation theory
- Models of intervention
- Mediation theory and practice
- Self-awareness and cultural considerations
- Mediation process
- Effective communication techniques
- Ethics and standards of practice
Monica Kales, Dawn Rafferty
Early registration is $1,259 through March 4, 2022. The registration fee after March 4, 2022 is $1,399. The deadline to register for the course is March 17, 2022. Please call Extended Studies at (775) 784-4046 after March 17, 2022 to ensure there are seats remaining.
Continuing Education Unit applications will be submitted to the following organizations for approval:
- Nevada Continuing Legal Education (NCLE) Approved for 30.0 General 4.0 Ethics
- Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) Approved for 35 HR General
- Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) Approved for 35 PDC’s
- Nevada Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapists (NBMFT)
- Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers (NSW) Approved for 32.5 Hours
- Judicial Council of California Approved for 35.5 Hours toward initial 40 hour child custody mediator, recommending counselor, & directors training; 8 hours annual continueing education, and 24 hours additional directors training.