The Nevada Public Health Foundation, in partnership with the Nevada Division of Welfare and Supportive Services, are pleased to announce the 2021 Annual Nevada Public Health Foundation Conference Domestic Violence as a Barrier: Moving Toward Self Sufficiency.
Planning for this annual event began over 10 years ago and continues to bring social workers, public health professionals, educators, and others in the helping profession from across the state to discuss relevant topics and address training needs.
This year’s conference will be held virtually, with a focus on assisting survivors of domestic violence to reach their highest level of self-sufficiency. Presentations and panels will center on best practices in serving survivors of domestic violence during the COVID-19 pandemic, current state, and national data, state and local services, and suicide prevention.
Who Should Attend
- Case Managers
- Community Health Workers
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Public Health Professionals
- Social Workers
- Others in the helping profession
Continued Education Units
Continued Education Units are pending for the following boards:
- Community Health Education Specialists (Additional $10 fee)
- Nevada Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapist and Licensed Professional Counselors (Additional $10 fee)
- Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers
- Nevada Board of Psychological Examiners (Additional $10 fee)
- Nevada Certification Board approved for Nevada Certified Prevention Specialists, Peer Recovery and Support Specialists, and Certificated Community Health Workers and Applicants
- Nevada State Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug, and Gambling Counselors